Carlo

Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge
Paul Karl Feyerabend
Arguably: Selected Essays
Christopher Hitchens
Philosophy of Science (Science & Mathematics) (Philosophy & Intellectual History)
Jeffrey L. Kasser
David Mitchell: Critical Essays
Sarah Dillon
A History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell There is no doubt that Russell ignores some important elements in the history of western thought in his History of Western Philosophy. I am not as much annoyed as some who consider this book worthless for that matter. I may be biased toward him and the importance he gives to the scientific method in considering the various schools of philosophy. He obviously aims at a philosophy based on the scientific knowledge acquired at his time. However, I see it somewhat unfair to totally ignore some figures such as Kierkegaard or even the impact of Freud on philosophical thought when writing a history, and hence the 4 stars.

Though non-comprehensive and outdated concerning the important scientific findings of the second half of the 20th century, this is a good introduction to philosophy and I will surely refer to it in the future. It is relatively easy and beautifully written and Russell's sense of humor is one of a kind.